Monday, May 11, 2009

Appointments


Today Vincent goes to his weekly appointment with his counselor and then we follow up with an appointment with her also, at 7 p.m. Vincent and we have backslid in the last few days, arguing about things like language, chores, and school progress. Vincent has not applied for any jobs for a couple of weeks now.

Earlier today Grandma Martha has her annual doctor’s appointment. Her back and also her knee have been bothering her lately. I have a lunch appointment with a possible Presbyterian Panel client today also.

I am slated to leave for a week in Florida at midday Tuesday. I will drop off the car for assessment and possible repair and the way to the airport. Tuesday is also Frisco’s ninth birthday, which we may celebrate a little today.

I’m trying hard to finish several projects today and Tuesday, but will have to take my laptop with me Tuesday to keep working.

Stephanie is tentatively slated to have her book club over this Thursday evening. We’ve been trying to clean the inside and work on the outside in preparation for that and Grandma Martha’s 2 ½-day visit next week. We’re all set with walkers, extra toilet seat, and food for Mom. I still have a little cleaning to do.

Stephanie has been keeping up with books but hasn’t actually been to book club for several months.

This week I’ll be visiting with friends in the Miami area, then at a fancy hotel on the beach in nearby Hollywood (the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa - pictured above) for an expensive survey research conference (American Association for Public Opinion Research – my first time to this meeting, which my manager – the former Associate for Survey Research – used to go to). Sunday or Monday I’ll drive on Alligator Alley and past Naples and Fort Myers to the Sarasota-Bradenton area, where I’ll tool around and visit friends (my first visit there since I spent most of a day there prior to a conference in Tampa). Then I’ll fly from Tampa to Louisville Tuesday, arriving a few minutes after Mom arrives from Tallahassee. Mom and I are slated (during Days 3 and 4 of the furlough) to visit local tourist sites and perhaps Stephanie’s school) before heading for Ohio, where we plan to rendezvous with Stephanie, Vincent, Frisco, Penny, Serge, and Jacob and visit relatives over the Memorial Day holiday weekend.

-- Perry

No comments: