Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Wizard of Oz


Vincent, Stephanie, and I watched the movie "The Wizard of Oz" tonight, complete with the scene adapted by "O Brother Where Art Thou." Toto of course reminds us of Frisco, and Dorothy (her mannerisms, her personality, even somewhat her voice and looks) of my grandmother, Grandma Beck. Vincent creamed me in Yahtzee as Dorothy was able to find her way back home. Parts of this movie used to terrify me when I was a child. I have greater respect for tornado safety not so much from having lived through a tornado in Kansas when I was three years old, but having lived through several tornados here in Kentuckiana. "There's no place like home" was the first sentence of my Toastmasters Ice Breaker speech, about my home state of Florida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you watch it while listening to Pink Floyd's album (can't remember the title--something about the moon)?