Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cautiously good news


Cautiously good news on the health front: The surgeon examined my groin – including having me cough – and said she thinks I probably pulled on the scar tissue. She suggested I continued avoiding lifting/stretching/other activity that tugs on the groin for another month. If it still hurts, she’ll probably send me to have a computer tomography (CT) scan of my groin. She detected no hernia, but says very small hernias she can sometimes miss. In addition (I believe) to avoiding picking up heavy object, she said I might also stretch (in general) regularly (which will make it harder to irritate the scar tissue – if it’s more flexible).

I stopped at home and walked the dog (and Frisco and I got stuck on the other side of a very slow-moving train - see photo above and video below). Vincent seems mainly to be alternating between sleeping, eating, watching Cartoon Network, and going over to his girlfriend’s. He requested a ride home again today.

In other health-related news, swine flu has begun circling closer to us, showing up within the past 24 hours in South Bend, IN, and Columbus, OH.

-- Perry


No comments: