Monday, April 6, 2009

Taxes (again)


For five tax seasons in a row, I've helped people do their taxes, as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program of the Louisville Asset Building Coalition, at the Presbyterian Community, in Louisville's Smoketown neighborhood, near my old Phoenix Hill neighborhood. I've taken about a month off, since the early season rush. But I was back this past Saturday, making an error that we caught with one client and serving an unusual TV broadcaster client. In between Stephanie showed up with our friend Emily, who was a client of ours for the second year in a row, and Stephanie and I did our taxes.




The #3 reason for me to do taxes at the PCC is that I get trained and then lots of experience doing taxes, and then, by the time I do our taxes - late in season - and get to use software I know well doing it - it's no big problem as I'm definitely ready by then. Things worked out with modest federal and state refunds. Thanks, PCC, clients, and Stephanie!
-- Perry


No comments: