Monday, April 13, 2009

Dangers


Bad weather in Kentuckiana and especially in North Florida – where tornadoes seem headed from the west to Tallahassee – has me worried.

Vexing health problems also abound. Every week I tell the dentist that I’m finally done with them for a while and the next week I’m always exposed as a liar. Tuesday I got my teeth cleaned and Friday I stopped by the endodontist’s office (and besides making a possible root canal appointment for Stephanie for next week – I got a recommendation that I go back to my dentist this week to get fitted for a mouth guard).

Plus I’m worried I’ve got another hernia or re-injured my old one and am off to the doctor about that Friday.

And Vincent is headed to a new psychiatrist Tuesday – partly in hopes that he can keep taking medication while ameliorating some of the tiredness and blurred vision after taking the pills he experiences.

P.S. On health dangers to us, Aunt June went to the doctor today and – somewhat to our surprise – they’ve slated her for nine weeks of chemotherapy and radiation treatment. She will lose her hair. She may lose her voice as the throat cancer expands.

P.P.S. Aunt Songza recovered enough – apparently with no brain damage – to go back to her condo in Seoul. However, she is still facing some pain and some air in her brain that must dissipate. One by one her children are visiting her there.

- Perry

No comments: