Sunday, January 25, 2009

More birthday celebration


My colleague Ida (above) - our among other things database master extraordinaire and party captain - and former (with her sons) turtlesitter when I was out of town and lived in her former near-downtown apartment complex - helped organize a birthday party during my fifth month at work - with lots of turtles (statues, figurines, stuffed, calendars, etc). This year the election was the theme. Pictured above is Ida looking inside my office appreciating some of her handwork. To her left are some pictures from our June 2007 Guatemala mission trip that Stephanie took, printed, framed, and posted (with help from her Mom and indirectly from friend Sara and her feng shui suggestions) on two of my office walls (after I moved offices a little more than a year ago). Pictured below on the opposite office wall is more of Ida's handiwork - plus a picture I put up more recently that shows an Albany NY skyline - its official 300th anniversary picture - that an Albany area informant bought for me (and I had framed later) in spring 1995.


Ida really went to town finding Obama ware for this event (remember I'd gotten her husband Mike an Obama T-shirt at the Biden rally in Jeffersonville). As I came into the conference room for the birthday celebration (I think on Friday, two days before my birthday - when we had the Huber Farms/Kobe celebration in Southern IN), all of my colleagues greeted me with Obama masks (though Jack didn't have his on at the right top and for better or worse our Republican colleague was out that day).



Besides the Obama ware, we had lots of treats (pictured below).




Even I (pictured below, in the middle) got an Obama mask! . . .



. . . and even - pictured below, in my hands after I'd doffed my mask, an Obama-related birthday card!




Thanks, Ida and other colleagues! More about other kinds of Obama ware later.
-- Perry

No comments: