Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lazer Blaze/Graeter's walk



We didn't make it to the gym/pool Sunday as a good-bye activity with Vincent, partly because w were busy preparing for Vincent and me to leave and Stephanie didn't feel well. But Vincent did get his best score ever at a neighborhood entertainment center, playing Lazer Blaze (pictured above top) (something about a "kill ratio" - sounds violent) where we'd held his 16th year birthday party. And we awakened Vincent at 9 p.m. to walk down our street and Breckinridge Lane with the dog and us to Graeter's ice cream, where Vincent and I had our usual (Vincent's peanut butter chip pictured above bottom) and Stephanie tried something new. On the way back down St. Matthews Avenue, Vincent challenged me to a short race. I remember easy outsprinting Vincent outside a Catholic school in Cincinnati, some 11 years ago. this time - both of us with headaches - he easiliy outpaced me. He's an inch or two taller than I am, and he says he's the fastest in his class at school when they're racing through the halls (?!) to get back to Western Civilization class.

No comments: