Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Extra, extra, read all about it!


Would anyone like a newspaper? Maybe an advertisement in your local paper? These were questions I heard most of the day today. Our entire fifth grade class attended Junior Achievement Biztown, a mini-town where students run the businesses, open bank accounts, take out business loans, and try to make a profit. While my group still owed $77 of the $150 business loan they took out, they learned a lot. My Vietnamese student was the CPA. Every time he had to go to the bank to make business deposits he would double check with me...
"What do I say?"
"I want to make a deposit."
"I want to make a deposit?"
It was amazing to see all they learned (and I learned...not to walk on the grass or you'll get fined $2). Several of the students decided that being a CEO was awfully stressful...and police officers really are just doing their jobs. If only we all could of had this type of small business/personal financing lesson as a kid. Maybe none of us would have the credit problems that seem to be plaguing our country.

-- Stephanie

No comments: