Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kansas over Memphis


I came in fourth in my March Madness pool, as I had picked the University of North Carolina, which didn't even make the finals to win. Fans of Conference USA or the old Metro Conference were sad to see Memphis nearly give the game away, as Kansas hit a shot with seconds left to send the game into overtime. Exhausted from the trip, I had forgotten about the game. And who reminded me towards the start? My Mother, now officially scheduled for June 4 surgery. My mother and I reminded each other that we did spend a year in Lawrence, Kansas (in fact, my first memories are from the Lawrence period, including my train- and plane-riding memories and probably flawed tornado warning), when my father taught at the University of Kansas. Go Volunteers, tonight, in the women's final!

No comments: