Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Strange night



On "Idol" tonight, Neil Diamond was the guest mentor. It was an odd night, because they rushed through some of the judges' comments to give all five leftover finalists time to sing two songs. Paula got confused, and all three judges panned the first round of songs (one Neil Diamond by each). In the second round, Syesha - probably on the bubble with the voters/audience - again had one of the best songs, and David Cook was back in form with. I thought Brooke's "I Am I Said" was also OK (as was David Archuletta's "America"). The judges didn't like either of Jason's songs, but I don't usually get him - even when they do like him - so who knows what's going on. Since Jason has almost never been in the bottom three, he's probably safe. Brooke and Syesha - both of whom I like, though they have off nights and neither has carved out a consistent identity - may be in trouble. I think David Cook will save me from me Idol finals nightmare: David Archuletta vs. Jason Castro.

No comments: