Sunday, June 15, 2008

And a prayer for me

Three important meetings over the next 48 hours (over and above our usual Monday AM staff meeting - with Ida's birthday party inserted beforehand): Tomorrow (Monday) afternoon I have a Mid-Year Review meeting, the first with my new manager. My last two Annual Review meetings, with my previous manager, were excruciating. I've gone from applying for a different position to being a little worried about my current position. (Going back to similar meetings when I was a professor) - I usually just want these to be over (though I also want to bring some ideas and say the right things - and occasionally even bring up new issues of my own - as they can be an opportunity for employees to raise concerns, although not so much in the past couple of years - at these meetings).

Then Tuesday AM I'll be on the phone with a patient care planning meeting with my Mom, her friend Nancy, and a bunch of her caregivers at the rehab clinic. At this meeting I'll have to decide whether just to sit tight and listen or occasionally raise issues that I have picked up from Mom's comments (issues that I formerly would have been better able to raise with staff in real time as I heard them - when I was physically there).

Tuesday afternoon I'm off to one of Stephanie's podiatrists about my formerly excruciating foot pain/Wharton's neuroma (?) that hasn't bothered me much for a week, since I followed my Tallahasee nurse practitioner's advice and quit wearing my fancy new running shoes.

Pray for energy, wisdom/good judgment, and peace for me as I go into these meetings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you feng shui your office??!! If you want devine help, you'll need to implement feng shui enhancements!