Monday, June 16, 2008

Crazy book club



My friend Sarah, after watching me at Borders point out all the books I've read, invited me to join her book club. I gladly accepted since I had been in a book club with Martha in Tallahassee and briefly looked into finding a book club here, unsuccessfully. My first book was Crazy in Alabama by Mark Childress. I really liked the book and have suggested it to mom and Perry. Where else can you root for the murderess and have George Wallace, Tupperware, Martin Luther King, Hoover Dam, Lyndon Johnson, the Golden Gate Bridge, and The Beverly Hillbillies all in the same story? I didn't completely finish the book before book club but had read enough to contribute to the discussion. (I have since finished it.) It was a fun time with other women who enjoy reading, discussing politics, and catching up with each other's lives. I even was able to contribute some suggestions for further reading. I look forward to next month and another adventure in reading.

-- Stephanie

No comments: