Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday morning




I worshiped twice this morning - at an earlier contemporary service at St. Paul Methodist church, on Lake Ella - where Penny's friend Clarke (pictured above top talking with church members) - whose family I visited in North Miami beach when I was doing research for my "Florida" book - preached, and at the 10:45 a.m. service at my home church here, First Presbyterian Church (pictured above middle), where they prayed for Mom and me (thanks to my foot pain) and where Emory Hingst preached. Lots of people asked about Mom - including a few who have come to visit her - and I went on to have lunch - as planned - with Mom's friends - at Sonny's BBQ (pictured above bottom). There Norma plotted an early exit to see the third and final Florida State-Wichita State baseball game on TV (too hot to go in person) and Nora (who helped us with the computer Tuesday - though the wireless doesn't seem to extend around the house as much as we'd like) and Ruth reminisced about growing up - Nora about going to high school in New Orleans and east Texas and Ruth about growing up on Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee. Back at home on the way to the hospital our friend Brant and I reached each other and caught up a little.

No comments: