Monday, June 30, 2008

Beautiful day



Very breezy and with a high around 80 degrees on the last day of June - already one of the longer days of the year - and with a cooling shower in the morning - this was easily one of the most beautiful days of the year. Even walking through my colleague through the downtown, near the Ohio River, was beautiful. So also was walking around Clifton, off of Frankfort Avenue, after dropping Vincent off for sushi with his friends. Later in the week it will get sunny and hot, and then later it will rain hard, and then August will be very hot and wintertime will be cold. But, today, during a lunchtime prayer with my colleauge, I didn't forget to give thanks for a stunningly beautiful crisp, sunny day, and at least a few moments to enjoy it.

After 131 blog entries for the month of June, that's it. I'm signing off for tonight and for this month. See you in July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazingly, I got a cold towards the end of our trip. On Monday, 6/30, it was 63 degrees in Oxford, OH, 11am! The drastic change in temperature from that to Atlanta probably caused me to get this cold.
Is Stephanie in Tallahassee yet? We hope to see her.